Sunday, July 2, 2017

38 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

We officially have a date for your baby shower! Gma Linda wants to throw you one after you are born, while Mimi is still here. So we are planning one for Sunday, July 23rd. Hip Hip Hooray!

Yesterday, we were at Target buying some things and I told daddy, "We haven't gotten Clara hardly anything NEW!" I mean, we have - you have some new clothes to wear - but most of your things will be hand-me-downs from Ruth. I feel bad about that, but I know that as you grow and develop into your own personality, you'll have LOTS of your own things, too.

A nice coworker gave you a sweet linen blanket that says, "I am the Light of the World" from John 8:12. It's sitting in your cradle right now (along with our hospital bag!) so that we can snuggle you up in it when the time comes.

And I made you a ring sling - I'm excited to try it with you! And I did make you a blanket. This week, I also painted your letters purple for your room. I hung them on your wall today, and daddy hung the mirror, so your room is officially as ready as it can be! Mimi and Papa will sleep in there while they are up visiting, but eventually it will be yours. And then it will probably be a playroom for you and Ruth.

Sweet girl, tomorrow you are 39 weeks. Where has the time gone?!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment