Tuesday, March 31, 2015

5 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Six weeks! Grow, baby, grow!

Ms. Linda and I went swimming last night and as I paddled back and forth down the lanes, I prayed for you: that you'd continue to grow strong and healthy; that you would be safe. There was a young family there with two little kids - one was just a baby - and they were playing in the water together, having such a good time. I am excited to do that with you one day, little one.

Arms and legs are starting to grow; your spinal cord is closing off; your heart is beating like crazy. I can't wait to hear it next week and know that you are doing well in the secret place.

I was so stressed out yesterday - one thing after another happened and Satan tried to steal my joy. I hope you didn't feel that. I'm exhausted today and felt nauseous earlier. I've been so thirsty. But baby, I'd do anything for you.

Memaw and I went shopping on Saturday for a friend who just had a baby. The little clothes were so cute and I'm excited to pick some new things out just for you. Your daddy and I drew a onesie for you already: it has mountains on it and says "Adventurer" underneath.

Our adventures next spring will be so delightful. Hiking. Camping. Playing music. Riding in the Jeep. I can't wait to introduce the world to you.

I love you, sweet one. Keep on growing!
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment