Monday, March 23, 2015

4 Weeks, 5 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

We found out about you (for sure, officially) just this morning. Just 5 hours ago. For seven minutes in the shower this morning, God and I were the only ones who knew about you. Then I quickly ran to tell your papa. But those seven minutes, where you were my little secret, the little surprise I shared with our Lord and Savior, were a dream.

As I stood in the shower, thinking and praying for you, I also wondered, "Did I see that right? Was that a plus sign? Is this real?" And it is, little baby. It is real.

I am praying for you oh-so-much. For your body to develop as it needs to. For your little heart to be strong. For there to be no complications. And praying for wisdom for your papa and me. That I will know how to care for my body and (by extension) you. That I will be able to protect you with all that I am and all that I have.

Your little body is only five weeks old at this point. Just big enough to know you are there: the size of an apple seed, they say. But small enough to be very vulnerable, able to disappear in an instant. The next 8 weeks are going to be full of trepidation, but I'm trying to be more hopeful than fearful.

You were certainly a surprise, little one. We imagined you, on December 31, 2014, writing our list of ten imaginings. But we didn't think you'd make your appearance this soon! Less than 3 months after we imagined you, you were on your way. The Lord is so good - He is able to do abundantly more than all we could ask or imagine.

Oh, the adventures you'll be able to go on with us this year! We have so much planned. Arizona in the end of April. Georgia in early-May. Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan in mid-May for my graduation from Johns Hopkins. Alabama in early June. And up and down mountains during our beautiful Alaskan summers. Hopefully a trip to Oregon in the fall.

But you... you are our biggest adventure yet.

I love you, my baby Batts.
- Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment