Friday, March 27, 2015

5 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Last night we gave Memaw and Papa their presents. Papa has been sick, so we told him it was a "get better" present. When he read the "Papa's Bug out Bag for Baby Batts" he stopped before he reached the end and exclaimed, "Are you guys having a baby, too?!" and he started laughing. Memaw pointed her finger at me and said, "I knew it!!" Then they both laughed and smiled and jumped up and gave us hugs and asked questions and we were all so excited for you, little one.

They are praying for you, too.

Memaw reminded me that you are going to take all the nutrients you need, even if that means having to take them from my body itself, and not just from what I eat. That's fine, little one - you take what you need and I'll replenish. But that means that I have to be eating lots of protein, fruits, veggies, dairy, etc. I'm trying to eat healthy and workout more so that you and I both grow strong and ready for this adventure.

Memaw and Papa were NOT happy that we asked them to wait a couple weeks before telling anyone. We want to go to the doctor and make sure you're doing what you need to before we start shouting from the rooftop.

On Sunday, we are telling Pastor Tom and Ms. Linda. Then we are calling your daddy's parents. I can't wait to hear their reactions, too.

Oh little babe, you are going to be so loved. You already are... especially by me.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment