Tuesday, March 24, 2015

4 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

I called and made appointments for your pre-natal care today! Our first one is Monday, April 6 at 3:30pm. We'll meet with a nurse in preparation for our appointment on Wednesday, April 8th with a doctor. Actually, we are meeting on Wednesday with a mid-wife (Donna). I'm not sure what route we'll go for your arrival into this world, but we gotta start somewhere, baby!

I've also made an appointment with the HR Director at my work for next Monday so that I can chat with her about what to expect at work. I'll probably have a whole slew of questions by then about insurance, my right to work, my boss's expectations, right to privacy, etc.

All day, I've just been thinking, "Grow, baby, grow!" and praying that you are doing what you need to inside of me. I love the secret of knowing you are there. It's a secret shared with just your daddy and our Lord and Savior.

Today, your daddy said that he thinks you're a girl... but at this point, I just want you to grow strong and healthy. We did talk about names last night though... you may be a Viola or a James by the end of the year.

Your daddy and I have date night every Tuesday and Thursday. So tonight, we are going to buy items to go in "Papa's Bug-Out-Bag for Baby Batts" and "Memaw's Care Kit for Baby Batts." We're having dinner with your Memaw and Papa on Thursday and are going to give them their presents then and make our little announcement... but honestly, I think Memaw already knows. When we went to Costco on Sunday, I was feeling tired and a little queasy. Then I got super moody and I know she noticed... so Thursday's announcement may not be a big surprise after all.

You are so little right now - less than 2 cm long, they say. But your little heart starts beating this week. But in the next couple of weeks, your little limbs will start to stretch out and by the time of my appointment with the midwife, we may be able to hear your heartbeat!

It's funny - Brother sent a photo of Paige's ultrasound today and we saw your little cousin, who will be born just a couple months before you! I wanted to burst and say, "I'm growing one, too!" but I held it in. The time will come, baby Batts, but until then, you are our little secret.

I love you already,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment