Thursday, March 26, 2015

5 Weeks, 1 Day

Dear Baby Batts,

I had my first (of many, I'm sure) pregnancy dream last night. I dreamt that when you were only 5 months old, you told me you didn't like the taste of my breast milk. In my dream, I said, "I've been eating so many fruits and veggies! What do you mean?!" and then you asked for your mama. I was so sad and taken aback that you thought I wasn't your mama and you wanted someone else.

Tonight we get to tell Memaw and Papa that you are coming! We have little gift bags for each of them to break the news. Memaw gets a "Care Kit for Baby Batts" that has a picture frame, two little books, diapers, wipes, a pacifier, a stuffed animal, onesies that we decorated the other night, and some little pants. Papa gets a "Bug-Out-Bag for Baby Batts" that includes diapers, wipes, onesies, some little pants, food, spoons, and a toy. We tried to think about what Papa would need to care for you in a bug-out-bag and what Memaw would want to pamper you a little bit. These grandparents are going to dote on you so hardcore, little baby.

Oh, baby - it is so exciting to see God's faithfulness in our lives right now. We are praying that He knits you together to be strong and healthy. That the strands he uses to create you will hold fast.

In my Wednesday night Bible study, we've been studying attributes of God: God as the Creator, God as All-Seeing, and God as Leader. It is amazing to me that, as we are studying this, He is creating you; He is the only one who can see you right now; and He is leading us to care for you the best we can. I praise Him for being so good to His children!!

We love you to the moon, dear one. Grow, baby, grow!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment