Monday, January 9, 2017

14 Weeks


Dear Baby Batts #2,

We are officially in the second trimester! I woke up with more energy, less nausea, and generally feeling pretty well. Next week, we get to hear your little heartbeat again!

At 14 weeks, you can make all sorts of facial expressions: squints, frowns, grimaces… and hopefully smiles!! Your arms are growing into proportion with the rest of your body and at the same time, you’re able to grasp things and make a fist. And hair is starting to grow on you to keep you warm and cozy inside my tummy… that is, until you get chunkier and prepare for delivery! You’re about the size of a lemon now, but your hands and feet alone are half an inch long. I’m amazed at how the Lord is knitting you together, little one, and we can’t wait to see you on ultrasound in about 6 more weeks!

This is a big week in our family: Daddy and I celebrate our third anniversary tomorrow. We are just staying home with you and Ruth, but this weekend, we are going into Anchorage for a date day. We’re going to go shopping at Bass Pro and JoAnn’s (we have gift cards!), are going to see a movie (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”), and eat lunch (maybe at Olive Garden). Yumm. And, of course, coffees on the way into town!

I’m trying to work out regularly for us, little one – walking at work sometimes, and 20-ish minute videos some evenings at home. I think tonight I’ll do a prenatal kickboxing video! Daddy works out with me sometimes, too, which is fun.

Okay, little one… I love you. And I pray for you daily, that you will grow strong and healthy, that our next appointment will go well, and that you are warm and cozy in there. You. Are. The. Best.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment