Monday, January 2, 2017

13 Weeks


Dear Baby Batts #2,

At 13 weeks, we are nearing the end of the first trimester! You have unique fingerprints now, but your little organs and veins are visible through your paper-thin skin. You’re about 3 inches long and weigh almost an ounce! My tummy makes it look like you’re much bigger than that but alas – not yet!

This week, I start back to the office full time. I’ve been working from home twice a week for the last year, so this will be a hard transition. Who knows – after you’re born, maybe I’ll get to stay home again! The Lord knows… and I’m just trusting Him with that.

In the meantime, you are joining our family (on the outside) THIS YEAR!! In just 7 months (give or take) you’ll be here with us to hug and hold and feed and bathe and change diapers. Hooray! We. Are. Thrilled. And we can’t wait to meet you! Will you be quiet or boisterous? Will you like to snuggle or be on the move? Will you prefer math or reading? What sports or activities will you like? What kind of music? What instruments will you want to play?

Dada and I have been working out at home in the evenings. It’s so nice getting some movement in, especially knowing that what I’m doing is good for you AND me! I found some prenatal workouts on YouTube that I’ve been trying and so far, I really like them. I have to get ready to push you on out, little one!

I love you. And I can’t wait to meet you this year!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment