Friday, December 2, 2016

8 Weeks, 4 Days


Dear Baby Batts #2,

You have made your mama so nauseous and so sleepy the last couple weeks! I took a 45-minute nap yesterday at 5:00pm… and still slept like a rock all night long! I’ve been eating anti-nausea drops like they’re going out of style (and made your dada order me some more on Amazon at 11:00pm last night!).

Right now, I have an absolute aversion to potatoes – which is so weird; I used to want them for breakfast every day! But the thought of them makes my stomach churn. I could eat Mexican food just about any time (mmm, nachos and quesadillas), love toast and pancakes lately, and have been eating grapes and mandarin oranges like they’re going out of style.

So far, only three people at work know about you, little one: Charity, Luke, and Marianne. Although, my tummy is starting to pooch out more and I wouldn’t be surprised if more people have guessed!

We got our Christmas cards in the mail yesterday. We signed them, “With Love, Allen, Melissa, Ruth, and Baby # 2 (due July 2017!)”. I am SO excited to mail them to our friends and family. When we decorate for Christmas after Ruth’s birthday, we are going to hang up a mini stocking for you and just wait for our college and career small group students to notice! Then I’ll probably take a picture and put it on Facebook as my cover photo.

Oh baby… we can’t wait to hear your heartbeat and see your little face!

Love you to the moon,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment