Saturday, December 17, 2016

10 Weeks, 5 Days


Dear Baby Batts #2,

Today we celebrated Christmas with Memaw and Papa, since they’ll be out of state on Christmas. We ate a yummy lunch, read the Christmas story from the Bible, prayed, and opened presents. And guess what! You even got presents!

Memaw and Papa gave you a beautiful muslin swaddle blanket and some gray Burts Bees onesies. So cozy, but lightweight, and perfect for our summer baby!

I made Memaw a braided wool rug for their cabin in Oregon. I can’t wait to take you and Ruth down there and see you crawling around all over it while we watch you and chat. I’m sure Ruthie and cousin Blaire will be running all over the ranch and you’ll be wanting to chase after them!

For now, though, I’m glad you get to be with just me – inside just my tummy. Soon I’ll get to feel you moving and kicking, stretching and reaching. Magical.

Oh baby. We can’t wait to meet you!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment