Monday, January 18, 2016

1 Month and 2 Weeks

Dear Ruthie,

There are so many little things I want to remember:

  • How you lay your hand on my breast while I feed you and how my body nourishes yours
  • That little sly smile you've started to share with us
  • How long the hair is at the nape of your neck
  • How talkative you're becoming
  • The spit bubbles you started blowing last week
  • How sometimes, you just seem to need your mama to hold you - and often, as soon as you get in my arms, you start to calm
  • Those little whimpers you make right before you fall asleep in your cradle
  • How your hands and feet get so cold, even with socks and gloves on... just like mine
  • That red streak in your hair, surrounded by brown (it makes me think you'll be a fiery little thing!)
  • How you sometimes fall fast asleep in the car... and sometimes you scream the whole ride
  • Your blue boots
  • The way you snuggle into my arms
SO many things to remember, baby girl. If only we could bottle up memories, like Dumbledore does in Harry Potter, and relive them anytime we want! Tonight, while praying with you before bed, the Lord impressed on me the importance of numbering our days. I'm sure "before we know it" you will be starting Kindergarten, graduating from college, getting married, and having your own babies. 




So right now - as long as it is called today - I want to remember these things. I want to remember YOU.
Cutie Patootie!! We love you!

Your little smile. Your spunkiness. How you are starting to stick out your tongue. That cute sound you make after sneezing. Oh my lands. We are so blessed to be your parents. And I love being your mama!

Love love love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment