Tuesday, January 12, 2016

1 Month, 1 Week, and 1 Day

Dear Ruthie,

Ms. Janelle came over today! She is such a special lady to me: she taught my Actions class in high school; I've been on several mission trips with her; she hosted my wedding shower; she was a Mentor Mama in our wedding; and she is just a dear, dear friend. She and her family (she and Joe have SEVEN kids!) live in Michigan now, where they are preparing to be missionaries in Ghana.... but they came back to Alaska for a long weekend to speak at a missions conference!

While you were still in my tummy, your daddy and I took a trip to see them after I graduated from JHU. So you "met" her then... but today, she got to hold you and cuddle you and love on you:
Ms. Janelle and me.

Holding my sweet girl.

Janelle and you!

She loves you - I can tell. 

Oh baby girl, I pray often that you have women like Ms. Janelle and Ms. Linda in your life, women you can look up to and follow. Women who love you and lead you well. Women who speak Truth to you in love, who do not hold back what needs to be spoken, but who speak it with wisdom and insight. I pray often that women come alongside you who can hold a special place in your heart like Janelle does for me. 

I hope to always have that kind of place, too, but you need women other than me, your mama. I will teach you what I can... but these women may teach you other things.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment