Sunday, December 6, 2015

2 Days Old

Dear Ruthie,

Today was your first full day at home! We did not go to church today but instead cuddled you all day and all night. Dream. Come. True.

You had several visitors today:

Hannah and her mama:
Hannah!

Betty and Fred:
Ms. Betty!

Memaw and Papa:
Memaw cuddling you.

Plus, we FaceTimed with Uncle Brad, Aunt Paige, and cousin Blaire! We put this big pink bow on you (your mama couldn't help it!) and a floral baby gown.
Big yawn!!
So sassy and sleepy.
Folding your hands to pray.
We have discovered that you like to have your ankles crossed and your knees pulled up, like a little frog, especially when we try to change your diapers! We put you in this little baby sleep gown today and you loved it! You liked that it was looser than the floral one - we like that it has elephants and giraffes on it. And we think you look just oh-so-beautiful, especially with the headband from my baby shower on.
One of our favorite photos of you so far!
Your daddy and I could sit for hours and stare at you. I'm trying not to waste the time that I get to hold you - either for feedings or just for cuddles. I'm trying to be really intentional not to just watch shows on Netflix or play on my phone. These days are fleeting, they say, and I want to use them well. So I'm praying for you often, baby girl. I'm also starting to read through "The Power of a Praying Parent" that I received from Memaw at my baby shower. The book gives different devotionals, a prayer prompt, and some verses related to different themes. I hope and pray that the Lord uses those in a powerful way in your life, baby girl.
Staring at you. We love you so much, baby girl.
Love love love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment