Saturday, December 5, 2015

1 Day Old

Dear Ruth,

We brought you home today! We were discharged from the hospital this afternoon after a long night of marathon nursing and receiving lots of instructions about postpartum care for me and you. Your daddy packed all our things into the Jeep, we dressed you in your first ever outfit, and your daddy loaded you into your carseat.
Your first "taste" of clothing - a fox sleeper from Aunt Holly.
The nurse (Yulia) was impressed because she said you were snuggled into your carseat perfectly. She was convinced that a car seat technician had been in to do it! But nope - just a daddy who loves his baby girl!
Ready to leave the hospital!
I sat in the back seat with you on the way home and watched you sleep the whole ride.

I was afraid that we'd get you home, then be like, "What do we do now?!" but instead, we got you home and immediately wanted to cuddle and hold you... then you started to cry. And I thought, "Oh no! What do I do?!" Then I thought, "What would I do if we were still at the hospital?" And I realized that I would nurse you. So that's what I did. Mama instincts. Gotta learn to trust them!
Best. Present. Ever.
We're excited to have you home, Ruth. It feels like you've always been with us.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Soo sweet! And you look AMAZING for just having that precious baby! In your first pictures with her and in this one! Wow! My first pic, I look exhausted!
    -Tiffany McNeely

    ReplyDelete