Monday, April 10, 2017

27 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts #2,

You are okay. I am okay. Praise the Lord.

I was walking down the hallway at work today, thinking about your room and looking around when, all of a sudden, I tripped and fell (hard!) on my hands and knees. I got terrible rug burns on my knees and an ankle and was pretty shaken up. I went back to my desk, told daddy what happened, then ate some lunch to see if I could feel you moving around. I could, but just a little. I called my mid wife's clinic and they told me to go to the OB at the hospital. I called daddy and he decided to drop Ruth off at Memaw and Papa's house then meet me there.

We arrived at the OB, they checked us in, and guess who was there?! Ms. Donna, our midwife! The Lord is so good, even in that.

For the next 4 and a half hours, they monitored your heartbeat and checked me for contractions. To be honest, they had a hard time finding your heartbeat because you kept kicking and pushing the monitor away! The nurse would get it positioned just so and you would kick it and move... over and over and over again! I was laughing - I knew then that you were okay.

Donna ordered lunch and dinner for me, so we ate some food while we waited. I napped a little. Daddy and I chatted. And finally, about 6 hours after I fell, we were given the all-clear: Your heartrate was steady in the 140s, I wasn't having any contractions, and things looked fine (other than my banged-up legs).

So, at 27 weeks now, you are continuing to grow (about 2 lbs and over 14 inches long), your eyes are opening, you're developing some muscle tone from all the workouts you're doing in my tummy, you can hear me when I talk now, even though it is a little muffled for you, and you could even get hiccups now!

We are now entering the third trimester and on the home stretch. Hooray! Just about 13 more weeks (eek!!) and you'll be here.

All our love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment