Thursday, February 23, 2017

20 Weeks, 3 Days


Dear Baby Batts #2,

A girl!!! You’re a GIRL!! Our sweet Clara Mae. We saw your face and your daddy and I both knew. Clara means “light” – we pray that you bring the Lord’s light into the world, that you shine brightly for Him every day of your life.

Right after our appointment yesterday, we celebrated with ice cream at Cold Stone then went to Fred Meyer. Ruth picked out a “Cutest Little Sister” outfit for you (well, we helped!) and Daddy and I picked out some shorts, a onesie, and a shirt for our little summer baby. We got some pink sugar cookies, too – one pack to take to church that night and one for me to take to work.

We have been telling everyone about you, showing off your photos. Those photos were hard to get, Clara! You were nestled down so deeply in my pelvis, pushing up against my back, that I thought we would NEVER be able to tell your gender or see your face! I had to lay on my sides, use the restroom, wiggle around, anything to get you to move.

At work this morning, I showed the ladies in my office your photo and as I was telling them about it, I accidently mentioned “her arm.” They all SQUEALED so loudly and everyone was so excited. “A sister for Ruthie! That’s going to be so much fun!” And they’re right. I hope and pray you and Ruth have a great relationship growing up, that you love playing together, and become one another’s best friends.

Oh baby girl. We love you. Little Clara Mae.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment