Monday, February 13, 2017

19 Weeks


Dear Baby Batts #2,

Almost halfway! You’re the size of a large tomato this week (we don’t get big tomatoes in Alaska, so that’s hard for me to imagine; I keep picturing the little dinky ones we get at the store!). Your limbs are proportionate to the rest of your body. And you are growing hair on your head now! You’re also getting a waxy protective coating all over your little body that keeps you from getting wrinkly in the amniotic fluid. No pruney fingers for you!

I’m trying to stay active and work out a lot – my goal is 15 times each month – but this is a short month and I’m already behind.

I had a coffee date with Auntie Juliet tonight at Starbucks. I actually had chai, but it was so nice to just sit and chat with a sweet friend. I can’t wait for you to meet her! I know she loves you already.

We are house-sitting for Memaw and Papa’s dog, Nova, right now. Baby, I’ll be honest – we are not really “dog people.” It’s fine, and Ruth enjoys having the doggy here, but we will be ready for some peace and quiet soon enough!

Your great papa in Arizona is in the hospital still. He isn’t doing too well, and we don’t think he’ll pull through this. But oh, baby, I know he would love you to pieces… just like we do.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment